As our New Year Transformation Challenge heads into week 3 lets take a moment and look at the goals, or “challenge” for this week.
- Share a delicious healthy recipe on the BOOSTFit Facebook page.
- Spend 10 minutes each day stretching and rolling a tight area of your body.
To start things off I will be sharing two simple recipes that I cook at home regularly.
Meal 1: Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast topped with Diced Tomato
2. Two Cups of Chopped Spinach
3. One 8 oz. Package of Goat Cheese at room temperature
4. Salt and Pepper
5. One to Two Tomatoes Diced (Based on your preference)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut chicken in half width wise and sprinkle with salt and pepper
3. Spread the goat cheese on the chicken
4. Add the spinach on top and roll the chicken
5. Place on a cookie sheet and let it cook for 35-40 minutes
6. Remove and cover in tomatoes if you desire
This meal will be high in protein, low in calories, and it tastes delicious.
Meal 2: Healthy Tuna Salad
1. One -Two cans of Solid White Albacore Canned Tuna
2. Two Cups of Spring Mix Salad/Spinach
3. Two – Three tbsp of Olive Oil
4. Apple Cider Vinegar to Taste
1. Drain the can of tuna and spread it over the spring mix
2. Add the olive oil and apple cider vinegar mixture
This is an extremely simple meal to make that is low in calories, high in protein, omega-3’s, and good fats from the olive oil. It is easy to prepare, which makes it even more appealing when it comes to developing a routine for trying to lose weight. According to Precision Nutrition,when it comes to measurements, men should keep protein and vegetable portions to 1-2 palms and women to 1 palm each. Keep it simple and the habit you are trying to develop will become that much easier to hold onto.