by: Allie Boudreau
During the insane weekend of snow here in “Chi-beria” it was the perfect time to whip out one of my favorite recipes. Requiring only minimal effort, this nutrient dense “soup” gives you a salivating tongue and a satiated belly.
I am a big fan of Trader Joe’s because of their small selection. Things are easy to find, and there are many quick-fix-ins that, put together, can make a meal masterpiece. Roasted Red Pepper Chimichurri Chicken Soup will be one of the greatest things you make. It is a 3 ingredient, dump and done, recipe that tastes oh so good on a cold, Chicago night. Here is what you will need….
Serves 4-5 (depending on how hungry you are):
- 5-2 packages of Trader Joe’s Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Chimichurri Rice
- 2lbs of chicken breast (cooked)
- Dump all ingredients in a large pot
- Put pot on stove at medium heat
- Once the soup comes to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover
- Keep on low for 3-4 hours (for extra flavor)
*Serve with fresh cilantro and avocado slices
This is one of those recipes that tastes even better the next day. Don’t be afraid to make extra batches for lunches and/or dinners for the week. Enjoy!